Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an amana args7650ww, last night the oven would light

Customer Question

I have an amana args7650ww, last night the oven would light (the igniter was glowing) but the pruner was very low (not much gass) however the igniter lit. It didn't want to light at all this morning. Should i replace the igniter or is this looking like the contrôler? Keith
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 20 years I can get model #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: amana args7650ww Model p1130759nww. Igniter model 501 33-316223-04-0-9824
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but the fact that your igniter is glowing means that your igniter is actually bad because it's not pulling 3.2 amps. The oven gas safety valve must detect the igniter drawing 3.2 amps or the oven valve won't allow gas to flow. Igniters tend to last 6-8 years under normal conditions before they needs to be replaced. Either way, below is a link to the igniter you'll need to order for your oven.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?