John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Ge pscs5rgx cfss side by side has a variable speed

Customer Question

Ge pscs5rgx cfss side by side has a variable speed compressor and a dual evaporator, the problem is ice in the medium temperature evaporator.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I will write this again, pscs5rgx cfss side by side has dual evaporators and variable speed compressor. Ice up in in medium temperature evaporator . Is this a bad design ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have not done direct refrigeration in 20 years, this is out of my experience , I defrosted it, is it worth fixing?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is this a common problem?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 days ago.

Is it cooling fine until it frosts up and how long does it take before it frosts up?