Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Maytag Epic Z Washer stopped working and just humms in any

Customer Question

Maytag Epic Z Washer stopped working and just humms in any setting
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Bought in August 2009
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: nope not gonna happen..LoL... unless its something simple that a disabled vet can do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am trying to decide whether to repair or buy new one... is 9 years considered old?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

That washer should go 15 to 20 years. Can you tell where the humming comes from? It could be trying to fill or if it thinks it was flooding it could be the pump running. Make sure the water is turned on and then let it hum for up to 12 minutes. If it was in flood routine it will start to work again after 8 to 12 minutes. If it is trying to fill try a warm wash to see if it fills. Let me know what happens and where the humming comes from.