Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a microwave and the led filter light will not go off

Customer Question

I have a microwave and the led filter light will not go off after holdingh it 3 seconds, how do I get it to go off?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: GE Model # JVM6175SK155
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES I purchased the new charcoal filters but they haven't arrived yet so I don't have a new one installed.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no it's simple but maybe the unit is defective
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You need to clean the reusable grease filter, follow the instructions below:

click here for instructions

Once you clean that hold the button down for 3 seconds or until the light goes off.

If after that it does not go off, unplug the unit for 5 minutes or kill power to it at the breaker, restore power and try again if it still fails to turn off then the control board has faulted and will have to be replaced.

If there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please go ahead and take a second to rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system at the top of your page, even after you rate the answer if you have any follow up questions I will continue to help you and there will be no further charges incurred.

Please understand that when you do not rate the answer even though you have paid the site and have already been billed for the question, we experts that help you do not get compensated for our time until you rate the answer and I am sure that you don't work for free so please do not expect we should. Thank you in advance for rating the answer. If for some reason you do not rate the answer could you please at least be so kind as to let me know why you did not rate the answer so that in the future I will know what areas I need to improve on to deserve a rating, Thank you.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?