Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

My Maytag dishwasher has a "control lock" feature. Somehow,

Customer Question

My Maytag dishwasher has a "control lock" feature. Somehow, it has become engaged and I cannot unlock it. Therefore, it won't allow any of the function buttons to engage, e.g. normal scrub, heated, dry, etc. I have held it for 3 seconds as the manual directs and even turned off the breaker to try to reset, but to no avail.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me double check
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I purchased it in January 2014. The only info I can find on the door is W10475753C
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think this is an electronic issue that I could not fix myself. So, I guess I need to know where to get Maytag service in the Orlando, FL area
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

If you open the door and look down the side of it do you see the tag that has the model details on it please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I didn't see anything, but I'll go look again
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

No worries.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I found this BLW6924199
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
BLW(###) ###-####
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Thats not it neither im afraid.

Is that the only details you can see on there?

If so are you able to post a picture of the front controls of the dishwasher please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
let me see if I can find any more info
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
MDB7749SBM2
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Great, Thats it. Give me a few minutes while i dig the service info up and i will get back to you asap.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Ok if you look at the control lock light there just under it is the push button.

You need to press and hold that button for several seconds and that should turn the lock off from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I press the control lock button, the control lock light stays illuminated. When I press a wash function such as "auto wash" or "normal", they do not illuminate at all but the control lock blinks a few times. No matter how many times I press and hold the control lock button, it will not allow any of the wash functions to engage.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Have you held the lock button in for about 10 seconds or so? As sometimes it can take a while of holding the button in to turn it off.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'll go try again
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK -- the control lock light finally went off. I opened the door and then closed it to engage. Then I pressed "auto clean" and it did not light up. I pressed "normal" and it didn't light. I pressed "heated dry" and it didn't light up. But when I pressed any of these, the control lock blinked 3 times.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

If that still isnt working then its a fault on the touch control panel as thats all it can be.

The touch control board in there will need to be replaced.

This is the details for the Maytag service department in your area.

Aggressive Applicance -
Contract

*****/p>

Orlando, FL 32805 US

(###) ###-####/p>
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was afraid that would be the answer. Darn! Well, it wasn't for lack of trying because my thumb is tired of pressing.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

LOL It was worth a try anyway.

Just sorry its not good news but if you could remember to click the star ratings that would be great.

Many thanks