Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How can I unlock oven controls to a GR Profile electric

Customer Question

How can I unlock oven controls to a GR Profile electric stove
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maybe 8 yrs old GE Profile electric stove oven
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe. if it's simple pushing controls.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything else is working fine it's only the oven that Will not turn on. I'm getting LOC ON reading on small screen.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

You should be able to press and hold the "0" and "9" buttons together for 5 seconds if you have them on your model and that will unlock the control panel. If not, then do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?