John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

MY GE Diswasher, model GDT580SSF7SS will not start. All

Customer Question

MY GE Diswasher, model GDT580SSF7SS will not start. All control lights are lit. Front status yellow status light blinks but when I hit the start button it turns off and dishwasher does not start. I poured a pint of water in the bottom to see if it was possibly a water supply issue. This is a country home and the water pressure in the kitchen is very weak for some reason.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm reading the model number off the inside door. The unit is approximately two years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is something simple, otherwise I will call the vendor we purchased it from. I will need to talk to my wife. Not sure but I think it was Lowes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm hoping it is something simple as I have a full dishwasher of dirty dishes. I ran a load yesterday morning without any problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I apologize for the delay. Do you still need help with this?