Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Can a person find a control assy-optical 900 series part for

Customer Question

can a person find a control assy-optical 900 series part for Norcold 962 rv frid. part number 618245 (use 625386 for EG2) or the board #618226
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the part is said no longer available
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Here is the circuit board part.

https://www.amazon.com/Norcold-628661-Refrigerator-Power-Circuit/dp/B0031XMOBQ

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only compensated for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this evening. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
DON'T NEED THE CIRCUIT BORAD I NEED PART 618245 CONTROL ASSY-OPTICAL . THIS IS THE CONTROL ON THE FRONT OF REFRIGERATOR THAT CONTROL THE AUTO ELECTRIC TO PROPANE MODES
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

your question had said that you needed the part 619245 or the part 618226 so I was able to find this one. Give me a few minutes while I pull up more parts for your unit.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 days ago.

so sadly the part 619245 is not being manufactured or sold anywhere anymore. I have searched everywhere. I was able to find part 625386 and of course 618226 but other than that the part you are looking for is not even on ebay. If you would like I can open this up to other experts but this part is just not going to be found sadly.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If this part not available, can a updated (newer model ) be install (rig) if it doesn't fix on front door and if needed change out the back circuit board for it all to work together? Thanks Edward
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 days ago.

I am sorry I dont think I am following you. Are you asking can a new board or a new unit be put in?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
can a different part be install in its place and the old refrigerator still be used. That changing all controls circuits out
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 days ago.

I am not finding a replacement that will be compatible with your unit sadly. Its going to be time to replace the unit as much as I hate to say that.