ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

I have a jenn air slide in range. Sce4340-c and the oven and

Customer Question

I have a jenn air slide in range. Sce4340-c and the oven and two of the burners stopped functioning in the middle,of cooking yesterday. I am wondering if the fuses might be the issue. Have found the fuses but not sure which fuse is which
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: SCE4340-c do not know the exact age although manual has a date on it of 11/93 but don't know if it is that old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: As long as it is a potentially easy fix then yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. oven and broiler not working and right two burners. Left two ok
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 12 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

There are no fuses in the range, but it sounds like you have a power problem if the oven and two burners are out and the others work. My guess, based on what you have is you have a burned out wire inside the range, possibly where the power cord attaches to the back of the range or if you have an old house with fuses, then you may have one fuse in the basement out. You will have to get around the back and take the cover off the power cord entrance.

Anything other than that, most likely you will need a tech callout to have a look as Jennaires are not easy to take apart.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If there are no fuses in the range why does the owners manual show me where they are located? At the back of the storage drawer.

Have you looked at them. I will see if I can find that info and I am not aware of any oven having fuses unless they are there to protect an outlet or something on the range. Manufacturer generally don"t want you working with fuses, especially when you have 220volts

I'll be back in a few minutes.

Thanks

what page are you looking at in the book?

I have searched the parts list for a fuse and none are listed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have looked at them and they seem ok. Old screw in type. Page 41 of my manual

OK, then we are back to where I started with things to check.

here is a link to the my manual and I don"t see anything about fuses.

click here

I would take a tester to the fuses anyway if you can get them out and make sure they are good. Try swapping them and see if the problem changes . It an easy way check them

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I found that manual on line too but t is different to the hard copy I have. Not sure if it makes a difference but I am in Canada. I can get them out no problem and they all look ok but I will try them and try and swap them around.Other than that may end up being a new appliance

Ah, OK that makes a difference You Canucks have different electrical codes that the US

Most of the times you are the same, but there are little changes.

That range is getting pretty old.

Did you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thanks for your help

Your welcome

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 8 days ago.

I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen
Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for my living. JA withholds my compensation until you 'rate' my help
May I ask that you take the time to rate my help before you log off today?
Thanks
Don