Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire Affinity Front load washer. Model #

I have a Frigidaire Affinity Front load washer. Model # FAFS4272LWO
The door lock makes a loud buzzing noise and the door will no longer lock closed. The washer keeps saying door open. I am guessing I need to replace the part that locks the door closed. What is the part number for that part and what is it called?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like you're on the right track. To start, just open the door and make sure the 2 plastic prongs on your door itself didn't break. If the door striker prongs that go into the latch receptacle are not broken, you need to replace the latch. The latch part number is###-##-####and below is a link to the part as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for latch

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I replaced the plastic prongs about 8 moths ago because kids broke one of them. I think one of the kids pryed the door open while it was locked. Prongs still look good thou.

What is the difference in the part # you gave me (131763255)

and part####-##-####

I couldn't say what the difference is in the parts. They look the same but they likely have different internals or different plug receptacles. Either way you need parts###-##-####