Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag 4000 shows an F28 code and will not start.

Customer Question

My Maytag 4000 shows an F28 code and will not start. Suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Will get back to you in a moment. Have to retrieve thepaperwork.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do not plan on it, unless it is something simple that does not involve moving the machine. The exact model # is MHWE450WW1 and it is about 10 years old.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, unless you have a recommendation for a local repair person in the Victorvill,CA area.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

The F28 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. The instructions below are what would need to be done initially. Is this something you will be able to do?

There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. Let me know if it does and we can move forward.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 days ago.

If you would like to have it professionally repaired in consideration of the amount of work required, the company at the link below is well reviewed in your area!

B & C Appliance Repair

13782 Bear Valley Rd
Ste D3
Victorville, CA 92392

(760)(###) ###-####/strong>

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.