Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a roper washer and the lid lock light started

Customer Question

I have a roper washer and the lid lock light started blinking and wouldn't complete cycle. I purchased a new lock mechanism and the new mech won't allow the lid to close
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model RTW4640YQ1, ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just replaced the lid lock mechanism on my roper washer rtw4640yq1, now the fill light comes on but nothing happens
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you replaced the lid lock but its still not locking or working properly then the lock circuit on the main board has failed so the board will have to be replaced pretty common with those models. The replacement board is listed below:

Washer Control Board

Part #: W10484681 - click here

you can likely find one cheaper on ebay or amazon, if you want to shop around for a better price just visit those sites and enter the part number in the search on those sites.

please take a second to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen. The money you paid went to the site not me, in order for me to get compensated for helping you today you must rate the answer. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge even after you have rated my service if you still need assistance.

Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?