Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a manual start, ie. push button and hit igniter to

Customer Question

have a manual start, ie. push button and hit igniter to start refrig in lp. Had mud dobbers in where it is lit. cleaned it out. Lights up in just a few seconds. Wouldn't do it before cleaning. NOW after getting it lit, on 4 setting, and sitting overnight waiting for it to cool off, camper alarm going off, co2 I assume. Bad smell not sulfer smell. Shut off, aired out trailer, took off roof vent, for refrig, and wasp nests up there, not fully buy cleaned it out and reinstalled vent. Fired up refrig again and couple hours that smell from refrig. the smell is for sure fumes from the only thing lit and that is the refrig. can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

This sounds like the unit needs to be really cleaned out or you have something in the unit that is being burned by the flame. You likely have to take it all apart and fully clean the whole thing out, but if it did have an ammonia leak that would stink as well causing that issue and it will not cool either. If that is the case which it very well maybe then you would need a new unit or need to change out the cooling unit.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.