John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a top loading whirlpool washer purchased with a

Customer Question

I have a top loading whirlpool washer purchased with a manufactured home in 2015. It has a push button start. It is not coming on for me today. what could be the problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was brand new with the home in 2015. where would I find the model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had some plumbing work done over the weekend and the main water valve was turned off. But it is back on and the dishwasher and the sink faucets are working fine. I made sure the washer was turned on but it still won't come on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

So do any of the lights on the display light up at all or is it just dead like there is no power to the machine? The model number is ***** under the washer lid on the back of the washer frame, just raise the lid and look toward the back under the lid and you will see a tag that has the serial number and model number listed on it.