John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm trying to see how I figure out if my washing machine is

Customer Question

Good morning :) I'm trying to see how I figure out if my washing machine is still under warranty. It has been over a year, and I don't remember if I bought an extended warranty
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bought in Sept 2015, Whirlpool Duet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My husband says he thinks its some type of computer board/issue....It happened when it was in "Quick Wash" mode, and was giving us this problem for a while but still kept working. The door wouldn't unlock, even when I pulled the plug from power source. Finally, it stopped completely and he had to dismantle it to get the door to open
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You will need to contact the store you purchased the washer from and they will be able to tell you if its still under warranty.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can't believe I paid $23 for you to tell me that. The girl that first messaged me made it sound like you would help me find someone and schedule it for me.

sorry, but we are just an online service that gives you the information needed to repair the unit yourself we do not send techs out to your home and are not affiliated with whirlpool in any way.