Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Samsung French door freezer is not working. It is

Customer Question

Our Samsung French door freezer is not working. It is showing OF OF on the display on the door.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: rs4287hars/xaa
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it just needs resetting.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

OF OF means that the unit is in demo mode. I'm not sure if you were holding the correct buttons, but all you should need to do is press and hold the power freeze and energy saver buttons for 5 seconds to remove demo mode. If that doesn't work or the unit goes back into demo mode, the control board behind the display panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Most of the time when this issue occurs, your display board is just shorted and you can't exit demo mode. I say that because it's just as difficult to put the unit into demo mode so it's not likely that someone just leaned on the control panel and accidentally put it into demo mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?