John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool refrigerator WRF990SLAM00. There was

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool refrigerator WRF990SLAM00. There was frost on the freezer coils, i defrosted. Now the freezer isn't cold and it doesn't seem the upper compartment is as cold as it should be. It seems to be the symptoms of technical service pointer W10666205A from Whirlpool
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model WRF990SLAM00 Maybe 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm an electrician
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  James I replied 8 days ago.

Start by checking the thermostat is closed circuit (calling for coolant), next inspect the PCB for any signs of damage and check your getting input form the thermostat, and if there is output going to the compressor.

There should be a super\fast freeze option is worth enabling this and seeing if the compressor starts and if after an hour if coolant starts to flow, if it does it points towards a faulty thermostat.