John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hwasher arm attached beneath top basket is very loose and

Customer Question

Hwasher arm attached beneath top basket is very loose and makes a knocking noise
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Second maybe three times over the last week
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok done
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know. Depends on how complicated it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what. The dishwasher is less than a year old
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Model #GDt695ssjoss. Mg772634b. No diagnostic test
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

There is a hexagonal nut holding the wash arm to the water supply tube under the upper wash arm. You can turn the nut a half a turn to unlock and remove it for examination.

The wash are is relatively loose on the supply tube, but it should not flop around so much as to make a clunking sound. Are you sure the sound is emanating from that part?