ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

My fridgidare oven has a issue when I set temp it heats up

Customer Question

my fridgidare oven has a issue when I set temp it heats up and then f11 shows up on screen
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4-5 years give me a sec CFEF366EMD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I LL SEE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 11 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

The F11 error code usually is the computer telling you there is a stuck key pad. You can test this easily by just picking a keypad and holding it in for an extended period of time. Up to a minute. If by this test you get the F11 code to pop up, you will have to replace the computer board as it must have a short circuit on one of the pads

Range Oven Control Board and Clock

Part #:###-##-####/p>

Range Control Panel Overlay

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

Part #:###-##-####/p>

Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 6 days ago.

Were you ever able to test the touch pad on you oven?

I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen
Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for my living. JA withholds my compensation until you 'rate' my help
May I ask that you take the time to rate my help before you log off today?
Thanks
Don