Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

What is the rate for your support? I bought a Jennair fridge

Customer Question

what is the rate for your support?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I bought a Jennair fridge and it was not freezing and so I know its not a frozen coil issue as it was not freezing to begin with although it was brought to us with it laying down for over a 1.5 hour drive before we got it up right again?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model JCD2290HEB I actually don't know how old this is? I bought this used
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can yes as the nearest tech is about 2hr drive from here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just that its not freezing on the freezer side
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If you started it up right away after it was laid down and did not allow at least 24 hours upright, the sealed system is now plugged with oil, likely in the drier and capillary tube. Was it plugged in right away after being moved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am really not sure how long we waited but as we moved it in the house we let sat for awhile maybe til next day. How can we tell if it is? Right now, the freezer side is cold but will not freeze despite the setting is set to coldest 7. As for the fridge side it too also is set to coldest 7 but it is not as cold as it should be. The fan in the back is running and the inside freezer back panel is not frozen. We have not yet install the water inlet line to the fridge as well.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to remove the rear panel from inside the freezer so you may look at the evaporator coil? It should have a very light frost all the way down. If you find it only in one small area, it is either low on refrigerant or has a restriction. If you can post a picture of that coil, that would be very helpful to me, too.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has 2 panels and looks like some work to do so give me some time to do this and I will take a photo and upload it as soon as I get to the back inside coil.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Sure, take your time, I am here all day.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Just take out number 19 below, the coil is right behind that panel.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
lol ok I already took off the number 8 ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Well, that's okay, too!