John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

JGP975SEK1SS GE COOKTOP couldn't get the entire top off

Customer Question

JGP975SEK1SS
GE COOKTOP
couldn't get the entire top off because of one badly rusted screw. Got it open enough to get old burner switch harness out. Only problem is when I was pullling it out I could really look at the disconnections I was doing. Now I don't know where the connections go for the new switches. A schematic would be very helpful. On the harness I have a red wire and a black wire that Connect somewhere and then theres 2 white wires together that have one connection and then another 2 white wires together that have one connection. Can u help??? I know I removed 2 connections off the spark module.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

I see you requested me but I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Totally different machine and issue on this one:
MVWX500XW0
Maytage bravo
1st visit. Door lock would come in and out of the lock position continuously. Not able to select cycle.
2nd visit door was lock replaced. Door now locks then unlocks then locks again and stays locked. Problem now is there's No first small rotation, no water coming in, and a humming noise present continuously. You can smell something kind of burning. I Pressed power off lid lock light still flashing.Shift actuator perhaps? Any help would be appreciated.