Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My Maytag fridge died last night and its only about 5 years

Customer Question

My Maytag fridge died last night and its only about 5 years old. Model 165A BMA25F. The panel Started popping and crackling and flashing all "8"s the motor is not running. But the interior light is working and it's not cold
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6 + years old. MFI 2569VEM4 Ser# ***** Model 165A BMA25F
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe, depending on how complicated it is. I live in the Virgin Islamds so not many repair guys here locally.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope ok, thx.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the display is flashing all 8's and the unit is not running the main board on the rear of the unit has shorted and needs to be replaced, in some cases when the board shorts out like that both the display board and the main board have to be replaced depending if the main board damaged the display board when it shorted out. First just replace the main board because in most cases that will fix it, if not you will have to replace the display board as well.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10312695- click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.