John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I own a samsung refrigerator, RM233lash/Xaa. it has leaked

Customer Question

i own a samsung refrigerator, RM233lash/Xaa. it has leaked water onto the floor twice in the past 9 months. the repairman from sears came out and said it was from the drain freezing over. I spent 250.00 each visit. Is there something that needs to be done to maintain the fridge to avoid this freeze over? Or is it possible something else causing this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model RM255LASH/XAA serial # 406043CLA00551X. It is the 4 door model. Purchased in 2008 or maybe 09
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well no, like I said i had Sears out twice and that was their diagnosis. Seems like something should or may be able to do done. I cannot afford to spend 250$ every 5 months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, cant think of anything else. The filter was also changed within the past year. maybe they did not put it in correctly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I notice your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing assistance with this?