McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Experience:  epa universal certified ,over 35 years in the field
97494692

Contacter chatters when you start machine. Model number:

Customer Question

Contacter chatters when you start machine. Model number: MFS50PNFVS serial number: 15000479PE
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 50 pound ppl washer
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Opl
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 1 month ago.

I can help you with this 1st check your voltages coming to machine and make sure they are same as nameplate on machine, then check secondary side of transforner,what ever the coil voltage of the contactor or,water valves drain valve is rated at is what should be coming out of the secondary side of transformer,with the contactor chattering it is either low voltage,or another electrical part drawing excess current making the voltage drop coming out of the transformer,there arent that many parts to narrow it down,the water valves ,drain valve,door lock solenoid the transformer or even the contactor could be the culprit.,i would disconnect the coil of the contactor first and see if the machine will start,of course it wont rotate ,if it starts,then power down and reconnect coil and disconnect leads to motor,if it still chatters contactor is bad,if not check motor and connections,if you find no problem with motor or connections ,you will need to disconnect each electrical device one at a time until you isolate the problem ,i know it sounds time consuming but is one of the best ways i know of to find the problem withoput guessing which part is bad this method has worked for me many many times, get back with me and let know what you find ,or with any questions

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This was a test I had a young lady ask about your service so I threw something out there I am a tech travel state to state good response just a little slow but I told her I would use you
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Expert:  McgiverSR replied 1 month ago.

lol im glad i passed your test i really dont do a lot of home appliances, mostly commercial laundry machines Milnor, ADC,,Ipso, The larger Maytags, Dry cleaning , so on here i try to pick my questions, to be honest i was hoping to see more of what i am use to working on