Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a Fisher paykel dd224c dual drawer dishwasher. Bottom

Customer Question

Have a Fisher paykel dd224c dual drawer dishwasher. Bottom unit is working fine. Top unit when I start it I just hear a loud motor running and it doesn't stop. Motor doesn't sound normal or too healthy like it's struggling. When I pause the unit and look inside it has soapy water.Bad motor slowly dying or something blocking maybe?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

It is trying to pump out. Pour a gall on of water and a half cup of vegetable oil in the tub and see if it will then be able to kill the suds and pump it out well enough to allow a fresh cycle to be started. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok - now both drawers are running continuously and beeping. You've helped me with this before and I removed the bottom drawer and the cover in the back and it's all very dry back there. I tried diagnostic mode by pressing lock and start at same time for 5 secs. If I did it right I got just the rinse light as the error code.It's definitely dry in the bottom pan and nothing stopping either drawer from sealing properly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is there water now standing in both drawers?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No - there was this morning before I started looking into it. Now both drawers are drained and within a min after I plug them in they kick into beeping and running their motors
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I stand corrected. I just took the drawer out and there is now water. There wasn't this morning so it must be leaking and then enters emergency drain mode. Any idea how to find leak?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That is odd, especially if there is no water in the base. I will see if another may have seen that before, it sounds like a control issue but I am not 100% sure.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Our messages crossed. It is water in base after all. Something is leaking
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm doing a fast cycle on the top drawer and it's stopping about half way through. There is water in the tub and I can hear water flowing into top through fill valve. I see a little water
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I got the fast cycle to end but water is filled in top tub at end of cycle.