Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Have maytag centennial washer. keeps freezing on spin cycle

Customer Question

have maytag centennial washer. keeps freezing on spin cycle and lock lid. have to unplug to clear. now making grind noise when try to spin and drain. model# *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried taking the back off of the unit to see if the drive belt has come off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

No. Unit runs fine til it gets to spin cycle. Then just locks up and lights flash. Make awful grind noise. Unplug then turn to spin and will finish.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

it sounds to me like the problem may possibly be with the drive motor. This part can be tested with a multimeter if you have one?

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10006400/0026/110.html?modelNumber=MVWC200XW0&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=MAYTAG