Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My Maytag Bravos MCT HE MVWX600XW was making a weird noise

Customer Question

Greetings. My Maytag Bravos MCT HE MVWX600XW was making a weird noise as the water was coming in to the tub. Nothing I could do (turn off power, unplug machine) would stop the water from coming into the tub and making a weird noise. I finally unplugged it and turned the water spigots in the wall to off. I was then able to spin and drain the water that was in. I didn't try to restart at this time because I had to leave the house. Any suggestions or thoughts?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought in in 2011. The model is listed above, Maytag Bravos MVWX600XW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What's would cause this problem with my machine?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When water is coming into the washer even if unplugged it is because the water valve failed. This happens most often when you are on a well or the house has old metal pipes. Am I correct that it was filling even when turned off?

Do you have an update on how this went? Do you still need help?