Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

How do i get to the thermal coupler or fuse on ge sensor gas

Customer Question

how do i get to the thermal coupler or fuse on ge sensor gas dryer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: gfdn120gd0ww unsure of age
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i am a contractor so have a little knowledge
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

On that model you will have to completely remove the front to get to it, remove the screws on the back of the top lid securing the top in place, once you get those removed slide the top forward if you at the front if at the back slide it back to you and the top will come off, then on the back side of the control panel you will see a few screws holding that in place, remove those and pop the console out, once the console is out of the way on the front of the dryer you will see a few screws securing the dryer front, remove those lean the front toward you and unplug the door switch wires. Remove the front panel and at the bottom under the tub you will see the blower wheel housing and burner box all the thermostats and thermal shut off fuse are located there.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the screws are out of back but the top does not slide
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have removed the screws as you advised and the top is not removal i can see additional screws on inside holding it in place, can lift back up apx 1/2" front will not budge

Ok I will opt out so another expert can help you, thanks.

Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 2 months ago.

If memory serves on this model you remove the large knob on the control panel - pull off and then there is a screw there that needs to be removed to get the control panel off and then you can get the front panel off - those screws are obvious.