John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Can not get my microwave to start. When I put something in

Customer Question

can not get my microwave to start. When I put something in and close door and put in time and power I keep getting this error message. OPEN/CLOSE DOOR PRESS START OR POWER . Also my light inside sometime will come on, sometime not. Have had these problems for several months.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: This is over my stove and can not get to plug in
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I bought this along with a new stove and fridge about 17 mons. ago!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: As I said I have been having this problem for a few months. In the past, I just gave up and usually the next day it would work but this time I have tried everthing I can think of and its been 3 days I have not been able to use
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

One of the door switches has failed.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?