John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

How do I open the stove top to my GE profile gas range? On

Customer Question

How do I open the stove top to my GE profile gas range? On mine, the the electrodes have clips on the bottom, connecting the burners to the top.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the attached pages.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I attached a photo of the front left burner. I can only lift the top up about 1 1/2 ". If you zoom in on the electrode, you may see my issue. 4 of the electrodes have retaining clips holding the burner bracket to the stove top. All the T-15 screws have been removed, but the electrodes prevent me from lifting the top all the way. I am fearful of prying the electrodes up, afraid I might damage them.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That's the only way the top is going to come up, the spark electrodes need to be removed.