Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

On Nov. 7 2016 I purchased from the Home Depot Store in

Customer Question

On Nov. 7 2016 I purchased from the Home Depot Store in Brockville, Ontario a GE GTW460BMKWW Serial #RG305839C Automatic Washer. Delivery of this washer was made on Nov. 10, 2016. The washer is standing on a LEVEL CEMENT FLOOR in our basement laundry room. It 'GRINDS' WHILE WASHING AND VIBRATES EXCESSIVELY when in spin dry. The vibrations are so bad that the machine could NEVER be installed in a wooden floored living area such as on a bedroom floor level. McCann Mechanical of Addison, Ontario Phone(###) ###-#### your local service depot has already replaced this machine's four shock absorbers which appeared seized. The machine STILL VIBRATES EXCESSIVELY. The salesman at home depot, Brockville advises that this is not normal. My father and I retailed GE Appliances for over 50 years I have a GE GTAN4250DWW Automatic Washer which was installed in 2014 on the second (bedroom floor) of this same house. You cannot hear it wash or spin. HELP PLEASE R. M. ******************

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is not normal if it is grinding and vibrating, this machine is actually very quiet for wash and spin. Something is not right you either have a bad bearing or something wrong with the actuator. I would contact GE and have it checked under warranty. Just call 1-800-GE CARES and setup a call on it There is something wrong with it 100% I know that machine very well and it does not grind or shake unless something is really wrong.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.