Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My panasonic microwave carousel sometimes makes a grinding

Customer Question

My panasonic microwave carousel sometimes makes a grinding noise, like the gear mechanism is going bad. If that is so, will Panasonic repair free of charge? I bought this microwave in January 2014 without extended warranty. Things like this should not be happening this early in the life of the microwave.
JA: The Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the model is NN-H965BFAPANASONIC2.2 CUFT. It is just under 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started within the last couple months. I thought the dish was making this noise, so stopped the carousel, readjusted the dish, but it continued to happen.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had Panasonic microwaves for some time.. The first one lasted 13 years, and the most recent went bad within 7 years. The problem with this microwave has occurred much too early in its life.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

The small turn table motor will need to be replaced, I doubt they will cover that issue though since it is outside the 1 year warranty. It should have lasted longer and you likely just got a defective turn table motor. The turn table motor is not too expensive if you can do the repair yourself. Otherwise you can try and contact Panasonic directly to see if they will do anything for you on that issue.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.