Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a lg oven model lre30453st/01. It will only heat up

Customer Question

I have a lg oven model lre30453st/01. It will only heat up part way. I have checked over bake element it has good continuity. I then surmised the relay board was not sending voltage to lower element. broil element is only taking temp to 325 on a set temp of 350. I bypassed relay bored and unit worked for a minute till I stood board back up then it dropped out. so I changed board thinking maybe the relay for bake was gone. it is a sealed relay that can only be checked from the back. Changed board still same problem, wondering what calls in lower element.even with extended pre heat time I have no fault codes . the sensor high limit is not kicked out. and it seems that if unit sensor was bad, it would give a code if unit did not preheat. never has had a code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Normally that issue is actually the main control board, the main board sends the signal to the relay board to power the element They had a lot of issues with them. I have replaced many for that same issue. It is the one in the console, here is a link to the part,

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will respond after I repair .

OK sounds good!