Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My duet whirlpool washer.It beeps when power botton is

Customer Question

my duet whirlpool washer.It beeps when power botton is presed but wont turn on at all
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So first, press and hold the End of Cycle Signal button for 5 seconds in case the control panel is locked to see if that allows you to use the washer again. If not, then unplug the washer for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If none of that works, either your interface control board has failed or the MCU (motor control unit) has shorted and is confusing the interface board. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. In the front right corner is your main control board mounted to the right side wall. Unplug the washer and then disconnect the MI3 plug going to the main control board. Plug the washer back in and if the control panel turns on, you need to replace the MCU (located below the tub mounted to the floor). If the control panel still won't turn on and it just beeps when you press the power button, you need to replace the front interface control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?