Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kitchenaide KUDS30IXSS6 was making very weird noises for

Customer Question

My Kitchenaide KUDS30IXSS6 was making very weird noises for awhile, now won't turn on. Wanting to try to fix it myself.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A couple of months. It was usable at first, but now won't start a cycle.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have, but I can try again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So the immediate issue is that the unit is 100% dead so you'll need to start by removing the kick panel below the dishwasher and make sure the junction box isn't shorted out where the power cord connects to the dishwasher. If that checks good, you have a shorted control panel. Now that wouldn't have anything to do with the noise you were hearing is the problem but below is a link to the control panel you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control panel

As for the noise, you'd probably need a technician come out and actually hear the noise but it's possible that debris is in the impeller or maybe a pump is going bad or possibly the vent fan.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.