ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Oven hook on clean cycle failed to disengage, I'll try.

Customer Question

oven hook on clean cycle failed to disengage
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I'll try. Thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I got the oven door open but now the hook prevents the door from closing. the hook appears to dstill be in the locked position
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Sometimes if the door lock motor is not broken, you can just hold the light switch button in on the side of the oven face and start up the clean cycle. Wait for about 2 minutes during which you should hear or see the latch motor running. Then hit the cancel button to cancel the clean process and the latch should move back into the correct position.

If it doesn't move or run, you have a problem with the latch motor circuit. You will have to take the oven apart and determine what would be causing the latch motor not to run.

/

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don