Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Panasonic microwave. When I put in 1 min time it

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic microwave. When I put in 1 min cook time it comes back with H97
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic Inverter 1200w. Not sure of the model number....It is not that old. 2-3 years?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought it second hand off a man, It was working fine when I picked it up. My husband is using it in his work van to heat up lunches....at least that was the idea. It never worked
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does it damage a microwave if it is transported on its back?with the door facing up.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 days ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The H97 error code on the newer Panasonic microwaves is an indication of one of 4 possible failures the Magnetron, Control board, High Voltage Inverter board or Loose wiring

Dealing with a microwave and the high voltage that is still live even after being unplugged can make working on a microwave very dangerous.

I do recommend having a service repair person come out and fix it for you. I do hope you have found my advice helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.