Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a whirlpool range; when I press bake, get message

Customer Question

Hi Have a whirlpool range; when I press bake, get message "Feature Not Available. Can I reset something??? Model GFE461LVS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I believe 4-5 years. Gave you model # Serial # is RO2355842
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends . . .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's a;ll the info I've got
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Feature not available means that the oven thinks it's in self cleaning for some reason. Now that will prevent the oven from heating or working so try to flip the breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven for 5 minutes and most of the time that will reset the board. If it doesn't work, then your display board has just failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks--tried resetting the breaker; I'll unplug it and go from there Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

No problem and good luck!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?