Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have had a Maytag microwave oven model MMV4205DS-1 for 14

Customer Question

I have had a Maytag microwave oven model MMV4205DS-1 for 14 months. When I enter a cook time and push start, it says open/close door repeatedly and the oven will not start. Could this be the door switch?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was new 14 months ago, and the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am not sure. It depends on how hard this is to diagnose, and how hard it is to get into the oven.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of, other than the fact it worked about an hour ago.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

You are exactly correct, this is an issue with one of the 3 door switches. If you have a multimeter you can definitely test the switches and see which one is faulty and as long as you're just testing the switches and have the microwave unplugged, there is no danger. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the vent panel above the door and remove the control panel so you can test the switches and see which one is acting up. You may just need to move the mount a bit to get a better connection when the door closes, otherwise replace the faulty switch.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.