Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore dishwasher. sensing light on, dryng light blinks,

Customer Question

kenmore dishwasher. sensing light on , dryng light blinks, tub fills ans heats water but doesn't clean dished
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
model665.16049400
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Perfect, thank you. That means either there is something jamming the circulation pump or the pump has failed. You'd need to uninstall the pump and check for a blockage. If you find nothing, then replace the pump. Below is a link to the pump for your model as well as a video that shows you how to remove the pump.

CLICK HERE for circulation pump

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i removed the old pump, did not see any blockage that would jam it, i bought a new pump and installed it, i reset the control panel and when i started it up, i got the same combination of lights
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Is the dishwasher filling with water still and does it still heat and drain?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It appears to do both
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As the machine cycles through the sensing light goes off and the drying light lights solid. However it is still in wash mode
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Very odd. I'd make sure the circulation pump is plugged in with power. If so, then you'll want to check the wires going to the pump when the dishwasher should be spraying with water. See if you're getting 110 volts. If you are then the pump came faulty so you'll need to return it and get a new one. If not, then follow the wires up through the door to the control board to make sure the wires didn't break, and if that all checks good replace the main control board.