John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Was doing my usual Kenmore Elite electric range cleaning of

Customer Question

Was doing my usual Kenmore Elite electric range cleaning of stove top and now the red indicator light that is in the center of the four element "switches" will not go off and neither will the stove top function. The oven is fine. The model number on the side of the oven door is KESS908SPS(or 5)06. Purchased at Sears about 3 years ago. the model number on the Use & Care Guide (which does NOT show the configuration of my range) is 790.46823. THank you for your help, Pearl!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know how to identify the model other than with the numbers listed above.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: At the moment, yes. I hope there is a simple ("Push this button") answer. :o)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Kenmore range . Please give me a moment to review your model. Also, who am I speaking with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Donanne

Hi Donanne, I see you requested a call and there was some issue. I will try to resubmit the call. One moment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know what's happening with this process. I DO know that I wish to withdraw all my questions and I do not want to be charged anything. Thank you for "undoing" this entire communication. (First no charge was mentioned. Then it was $3.00 to be followed by $25. and then some other department or company makes it sound like I'm stuck with continuing charges.) I WANT OUT, PLEASE!

Ok, I am sorry for the issue with the website. I will see if I can close out the window. One moment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THANK YOU! And thank you for letting me know that I will then have "disappeared" from the e-files.:o)