Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My samsung oven stopped working after a self cleaning cycle

Customer Question

My samsung oven stopped working after a self cleaning cycle (which i now know to never do again) and we dont know what to do? The stovetop and the broil still works, but the oven doesnt heat up when you put it on 'bake'. We tested the heating element and it worked so IDK if there is something else we can try or if we just need to buy a new one :(
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2007 .. model FTQ386LWUX
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, i think thats it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If the element checks good, you either have a bad high limit thermostat or a bad relay on your relay control board. You'll need to pull the oven forward, unplug the oven, and remove the back sheet metal panel behind the oven. Near the top of the oven cavity on the back upper right corner is a high limit thermostat about the size of a dime and it's black and silver in color. Attached below is a diagram of your oven. Part 19-1 is the thermostat you're looking for. Unplug the 2 wires going to the thermostat and test continuity through the thermostat. If the thermostat has no continuity, replace it. If the thermostat checks good then you'll need to replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?