Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kitchen aid superba control panel seems to be locked or

Customer Question

My kitchen aid superba control panel seems to be locked or not working at all?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 13 days ago.

If the broiler says "on" and the cooktop won't heat, that means the bake likely won't heat either. If nothing is heating but the lights turn on and the display is working, it means your oven is only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts for some reason or the control board has failed. Try to flip the breaker off to the oven and flip it back on 60 seconds later. If the issue won't reset, then pull the oven forward. You'll need to test power behind the access panel where the power cord connects to the back of the oven because you either aren't getting 220 volts to the oven, or you need a new control board. If you have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires, then replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?