Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Aid Frig model-KRFF305E 5500 SER# K 54324003, 2 weeks, If I

Customer Question

Aid Frig model-KRFF305E 5500 SER# ***** 54324003
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can the problem is with the internal ice maker in the freezer-There appears to be water leaking when ice is produced and it freezes onto the ice in the tray bottom
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Kitchen Aid model-KRFF305E 5500 SER# ***** 54324003
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So the first thing you'll want to do is heat up the icemaker and the fill tub with a hair dryer until everything around the icemaker is completely thawed out in case there is some ice build up preventing the water from flowing properly into the icemaker. If the icemaker still leaks, then turn the icemaker off and see if it continues to leak. There are 2 possibilities at this point. If it continues to leak while the icemaker is off, you have a bad electronic water valve not sealing up so the valve will need to be replaced. If it only leaks when the icemaker is turned on, you have a bad icemaker because it's either leaking or calling for too much water---either way, the icemaker would have to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?