Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Just returning to FL FOR WINTER AND FOUND GE PROFILE STOVE

Customer Question

Just returning to FL FOR WINTER AND FOUND GE PROFILE STOVE NOT
WORKING. CHECKED BY ELECTRICIAN NEIGHBOR WHO SAYS POWER NOT GETTING INTO STOVE. PLEASE ADVISE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If they are saying that you are not even getting voltage/ power to the unit ,look at your breakers to make sure it is turned on .

You may have a faulty circuit breaker or even a loose wire on the outlet or the breaker itself for the stove.

But if you not getting voltage /power to the stove it is not an issue with the appliance it is a house electrical issue.

If you have any questions just reply back to me

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Power is getting to stove as light is on inside and tester shows power is getting to stove

Ok I was only going by what your post stated . Which was ((CHECKED BY ELECTRICIAN NEIGHBOR WHO SAYS POWER NOT GETTING INTO STOVE))

So if your getting voltage /power to the unit and the interior oven light is on .

Do you ave any display in the clock?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No display in clock
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Needed more accurate info and could not fix myself called appliance repair . Found 3 circuit boards blown by power surge at cost of 750.00. Bought new stove to be delivered in am. Your site is for handyman not your average person. Long wait for answer.