Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Maytag washer is off cycle. It goes straight to agitation

Customer Question

My Maytag washer is off cycle. It goes straight to agitation without filling first and at the end of the cycle, when it's done spinning, it starts filling with water.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is MVWC6ESWW1. Not sure how old, probably over 5 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what needs to be done. If there is some way to reset the computer, then sure. If not, I will need to find someone for the repair.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. I just need to find out how big is the problem and what it will take to repair it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The issue that your having can only be the timer

I suspect that some one turned the timer back wards and has bent the contact leads with in the timer.

This being a sealed plastic time means the timer will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/WPW10243947/1548640?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm the only person who uses the washer and I've never turned the timer backwards. I'll have to decide whether it's worth replacing the timer and the labor or just replacing the machine. Thank you for the response.

ok the timer is over $150 and is easy to replace if your the least bit handy .

it is replaced with just basic hand tools .

I might be able to even find you a video on replacing a washer timer if you need it!

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That would be great. Thank you! I can usually handle basic maintenance.

this timer will help you open the console and replace the timer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsP0hjQfBfA