Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our Samsung RF267AARS top Ice maker tray is jammed and wont

Customer Question

Our Samsung RF267AARS top Ice maker tray is jammed and wont click in all the way or slide back out At first i thought it may be iced up and frozen in place because the tray was not quite in but we turned the fridge off for 48 hours and it still wont budge. I think someone tried to force it in and now it is jammed what can we do to get the tray out?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its 3 years old Model # RF267AARS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: wanted to try - if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is the icemaker grinder/dispenser bucket that is in the top left area inside the fridge. it says on the side that if the tray wont go in rotate the helix by 90* but it is jammed
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

When that happens you just have to replace the icemaker there is no fixing the issue you have, you just need to replace the icemaker assembly. They fail all the time, just a poor design.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No other way to get it unstuck?

You can just try and defrost it but normally the internal gear breaks causing that issue.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't think it's frozen. I already tried defrosting I think someone tried to force it in

If they did they may have broken the mech, I have seen that happen a lot