Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Frigidaire FDB1500LFSO dishwasher that will not

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire FDB1500LFSO dishwasher that will not drain. I removed the drain hose and blew through it to check for blockage.- ALL OK - I ordered a new drain pump and installed it. Still have water in basin. When I run the DW on a rinse cycle it will pump to the spray arms but on evacuation I only get approx. 1 cup of water. HELP
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MODEL FDB1500LFSO and it is about 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I an handy with repairs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The first thing I would test is the voltage to the drain pump.

is the voltage to the drain pump staying on during a drain cycle or does it give voltage to the pump and then the voltage disappear?

If it is giving voltage for it to drain the short time then the voltage stops it is an issue with the electronic control board.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Woody,
I will check this out tonight when I return from work.
I anticipate that when you say check voltage we want to see 120 v for the entire drain cycle on the drain pump.

yes you are correct 120 volts A/C to the drain pump during a drain cycle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Woody,
I am getting 123v during pump operation

ok and the entire time that your getting the 123 volts did the drain pump stop its operation?

if your getting a constant voltage to the drain pump then the pump should be running

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Woody,
I will do a complete cycle on "rinse only" and check it again
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Woody,
I did a complete rinse cycle (18 minutes) . during fill time the pump voltage jumped from 11v to 65v (1 min.)
first spray rinse (3 min.) voltage jumped to 193v
then pump was running at 121v to 123v
machine then filled again and pump at 0v
next rinse cycle (0v to 5.9v during spray rinse cycle then to 0v) time duration 8 minutes
at completion of rinse cycle pump running at 120v to 124v
machine then shut off after 1 minute.
water still in basin

ok there is NO WAY you could be reading 193v since the unit ONLY get 120 -125 volts supplied to it form the house outlet!

And you will only get voltage to run the drain pump in a drain mode. not during the washer /rinse water circulation modes.

But the most important information is that you did not get any voltage to the drain pump after the rinse cycle and that you still had water standing in the dishwasher after the full cycle was complete.

Which means the issue is not the pump but what supplies voltage to the pump during all of the units drain modes.

And the electronic control board in the door will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/154776601/1553500?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=154552001?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .