Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirlpool stove model SF395LEE and the oven door

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool stove model SF395LEE and the oven door won't open it's like it's locked
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was here when I bought the home so lets say it's abt 20 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes and i'm a woman
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I used it earlier and the door wasn'r shutting right when I was done and the light stayed on so I notice I had to move door some to the right and then it shut and the light went off now I can;t open it
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Do you happen to have a wire hanger? If so I need you to bend it into a hook type position and insert it on the right side of the door and drag it over to the left to get the door to manually release. Let me know what happens.