ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Our Duet Steam Dryer is not functioning. There is power

Customer Question

Our Duet Steam Dryer is not functioning. There is power going to the unit and it appears to show times for each cycle, but will not start. It did finally show an F 01 code. what does that mean?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well. if I can't get it working today, I will have to get a technician out hopefully tomorrow.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, it was working this morning but noticed when I came back for the last minute of the Cycle, nothing seemed to be happening.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

The F01 error code is indicating that you have a problem with the main control board.

Most likely you will have to replace it.

You will not get it working today, but I can see if I can get you a video showing the problem, if you think you want to try repairing it yourself.

Would you want me to do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No Thank you. I will call a repair man.

Ok, that is ok too

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don